Friday, June 26, 2009

Also, R.I.P Michael Jackson


I received an sms today morning from a colleague that read "Michael Jackson is dead .. check CNN" .. automatically I got up, grabbed my remote and clicked on CNN. And as much as I wanted to believe that it is not true .. well it turned out to be true.

Instantly I teared a little, thinking back of the fond memories, when he was down here in Malaysia to perform and how my elder sister went berserk just wanting to see Michael Jackson. Although, at that moment we could not afford to buy a ticket for his show, she was persistent enough to go for his concert and heard him sing outside the stadium and managed to get a glimpse of his hair. The memory stayed in her head. She recalls every minute of it .. even when it happened like 10 years ago.

After watching CNN, I logged in my facebook account and read everyones facebook status .. majority was mourning over his death until I saw this one status that read "Why is everyone mourning over a child molester?" Seriously, no one really knows the extent of the claims. Children was his life. He built Neverland for them ! How could he?

Then, there are people who are saying that MJ is not really dead. It's a marketing gimmick. Oh well, it shows how stupid humans tend to be sometimes.

Whatever it is, I can safely say that the nation mourns for your death MJ. It has been a rather gloomy day today. It's rather odd cause it's gloomy in Los Angeles and here in Kuala Lumpur. And it doesn't help that my colleague sitted infront of me has been listening to your songs all day long. Sheesh.

MJ, I dedicate my whole childhood to you. I was raised with your voice, with your songs. All thanks to my sister, she introduced you to me.

With that, may your soul rest in peace. You will always be No.1 Pop Star to me.

As various news organizations waited to confirm the untimely death of pop icon Michael Jackson, a number of celebrity Twitter-users took to their computers, phones and BlackBerries to tweet their tributes to the King of Pop. A sampling below:

John Mayer: I truly hope he is memorialized as the ‘83 moonwalking, MTV owning, mesmerizing, unstoppable, invincible Michael Jackson. // I think we’ll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player. // Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ.

Sasha Grey: The news coverage of Michael Jackson’s death is like the Buckwheat death skit on snl in the 80’s…so sad.

Greg Grunberg: Terrible news about Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson AND Ed McMahon… they will be missed by all.

John Hodgman: Mourning McMahon, Fawcett, & Jackson w/ Amy Sedaris, Kate Mulgrew, and Jenna Srern in the weird empty townhouse they are storing us in.

Jane Fonda: I am stunned. My friend, Michael Jackson is dead. He lived with me for a week on “Golden Pond” set after “Thriller.”

Ashton Kutcher: Now the ap confirms aswell. Rip Sending love and light to family and friend but especially his kids. // I plea to the public to refuse to consume media that does not respect the anonymity of Michaels children.

P. Diddy: Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!

John August: 1. Quick Funerals. 2. Only one week of magazine coverage. 3. Zone of privacy around kids, who are no longer public figures. #michaeljackson // I propose some national pop culture agreement that lets us appropriately acknowledge dead celebs without canonization.

Levar Burton: Like it or not we are all witnesses to history unfolding. At the least let us offer prayers for all souls leaving as well as those staying!

Billy Bush: What an awful day…trying hard to verify reports. I was last person to have MJ on camera, calling my sources. This is unreal

Lindsay Lohan: NO OMG // sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family

Marlon Wayans:
My prayers, my love, my heart goes out to michael jackson and the entire jackson family. I pray so hard for them. I’m crushed! Please pray.

Pete Wentz: Prayers and thoughts with michael jackson // I have never felt this before in my life. I could measure my childhood 2 now on an mj growth chart. if this is true. Rip. The last legend. // Can we all bow our heads. STOP wht you are doing. And have a one minute moment of silence and pray for michael jackson. The world’s gr8test!

Miley Cyrus: michael jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings

Joel Madden: Stop the gossip, stop the speculation. Take a moment for Micheal and remember his gift to us all. He was truly great. May he Rest in Peace.

Ludacris: If it were not for Micheal Jackson I would not be where or who I am today.His Music and Legacy will live on Forever.Prayers to the famR.I.P.

MC Hammer: I have no words.. I loved Michael Jackson.. RIP..

Ellen Degeneres: So sad to hear about Michael Jackson. His music changed our lives. The world has lost an amazing singer and dancer. I will miss him.

Diablo Cody: We just cued up “Wanna Be Starting Something” in the office. What a great song. RIP

- source: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2009/06/25/twitter-tributes-to-the-king-of-pop/

Also checkout this site: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deepak-chopra/a-tribute-to-my-friend-mi_b_221268.html

0 people say this:

Post a Comment